The Advanced Master’s in Cosmetic Formulation and Industrialization is a degree accredited by the Conférence des grandes écoles (CGE). It is a result of a partnership between ITECH Lyon (engineering school) and the IMT Group (training organization dedicated to production jobs for the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries).
The aim of the Advanced Master’s in Cosmetic Formulation and Industrialization is to train managers involved in the manufacturing chain of a cosmetic product. Students must understand and know cosmetic formulation, the issues related to industrial transposition, and their implementation.
The academic program of the Advanced Master’s includes 4 modules:
- Design of a cosmetic product (36.5 days)
- Industrial transposition of a cosmetic product (18 days)
- Project management (21.5 days)
- Tutored project (19 days)
Professional thesis on an assignment in a company
After a semester of classes (the teaching period), the program ends with a 5-month full-time internship in a company. The entire in-company assignment results in a professional thesis defended before a jury.
Organization of studies
The Advanced Master’s takes place from January to January.
- A teaching period of 7 months (theoretical and lab courses).
- An internship period of 5 months in a company, which leads to the completion of a professional thesis.
Application and admission
People interested in applying to the Advanced Master’s program in Cosmetic Formulation and Industrialization must meet the following academic requirements:
- Holders of a 5-year university-level diploma (such as a Master of Science, master’s degree or equivalent) in the fields of chemistry
- Holders of a 4-year university-level diploma (such as 1st year of a Master of Science, 1st year of a master’s degree, a 4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and 3 years of professional experience in the fields of chemistry
A B2 level in French is required for this program. An official certificate is not required (the level is tested during the admissions interview), but is highly appreciated.
Depending on your nationality and your country of residence, you can apply via ITECH Lyon’s platform or via the Études en France platform. For further details on the admission process, please read Admission for international students.
Here is an overview of the process:
- Study of the application file
- The admissions committee will first study the admissibility of the application file, on the basis of the applicant’s academic record and project suitability.
- Admissions interview
- Applicants whose application files were marked as admissible will afterwards be contacted to schedule an admissions interview (online and in French). The purpose of this interview is to verify that the applicant’s project matches the program’s objectives, and to assess the applicant’s qualities in relation to the profession for which the program prepares.
This Advanced Master’s prepares participants for positions such as:
- Director/Manager of research and development
- Director/Industrial development manager
- Director/Industrial transposition manager
- Quality manager
- Regulatory manager
In the cosmetics sector for formulators, manufacturers, subcontractors and raw material suppliers.
Tuition fees are €11,000 and they can be paid in several installments throughout the year.