We are aware that the financial aspect is an important one for all students, including international students. That’s why ITECH Lyon provides international students with all the support they need: before they apply, during the admissions process, and once they’ve arrived in France.
Although ITECH Lyon does not offer scholarships based on academic results, the school does offer scholarships for academic mobility and internships for all students enrolled in the engineering program and wishing to study abroad (see Mobility grants page).
There are, however, a number of government and private organizations that offer scholarships or student loans to study abroad. We advise you to contact these organizations or the Campus France office in your country.
The Eiffel scholarship program “was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their masters and PhD programs” (Campus France), including engineering degrees.
- It is only possible to apply for admission to the 1st year (of a total of 3) of the Master of Engineering in Applied Chemistry (see the dedicated page for admission requirements).
- Candidates must be no more than 25 years old at the time of the application campaign (i.e. born after March 31, 1999).
- Be of foreign nationality (binational candidates, one of whose nationalities is French, are not eligible)
- Reside abroad (candidates already studying in France are not eligible)
- Be nominated only by ITECH Lyon for the Eiffel scholarship (candidates nominated by more than one institution will be rejected)
- Have a record of academic excellence
- An overall average of at least 85%
- Be in the top 10% of your degree
For the master of engineering, the duration of the scholarship is a maximum of 36 months. Eiffel scholarship holders receive a monthly allowance of €1,181 (master’s degree) and other benefits are also covered:
- Round-trip travel
- Supplementary health insurance
- Social security
- Cultural and sport activities
Tuition fees are not covered by the Eiffel scholarship.
- Opening of applications: week of September 16, 2024
- Application deadline: November 30, 2024
- Announcement of results: April 2025
If you wish to apply for the master of engineering at ITECH and the Eiffel scholarship program, you will need to follow the following process:
- Check your eligibility in the Campus France regulations guide.
- Submit the application form: https://forms.gle/JjH6E1652bacHfan6 (a Google account is needed to open and submit the form)
- Choose the program you are applying for (English or French)
- Fill out your personal details
- Fill out your academic background
- Upload the required documents (PDF format only):
- Copy of passport (identity page) or identity card
- Up-to-date CV (in English or French, 1-2 pages)
- University transcripts (bachelor’s and/or master’s degree) with academic ranking. If your university does not systematically issue this document, you should ask the person in charge of your course to issue a signed document mentioning your ranking. This document must be in English or French.
- Higher education diploma (bachelor’s and/or master’s degree) in English or French.
- Cover letter and career plan (in English or French, 1 to 2 pages, explaining why you have chosen to study in France in relation to your previous studies and your future professional career).
- Letters of recommendation from academic and professional referees (in English or French, maximum 3 letters)
- Once the form has been submitted and all the documents received, the International Relations office will carry out an initial review of the application.
- If ITECH Lyon accepts and supports your application, we will contact you to finalize the file.
Please note: applications sent directly by international students or institutions to Campus France are not eligible. If your application is submitted by more than one French institution, your application will be rejected.