ITECH has been following companies in their R&D projects throughout the years through occasional or on-going partnerships.
Technological research at ITECH
Technology research is done within the laboratories of the GFMP: Engineering Functionalization of Polymer Materials” and has four main themes: renewable recyclable chemistry, composites, intelligent materials, and organic electronics.
- Academic research involving PhD student with university partners and/or the CNRS
- Research and Innovation, supervised by a team of teacher-researchers, PhD students and laboratory assistants.
ITECH Lyon and its subsidiary ITECH Entreprises offers companies:
- A diversified expertise in the field of polymers, composites, process engineering, paint, ink, varnishes, adhesives and cosmetics, textiles, plastic manufacturing, leather, rheology, industrial microbiology, colorimetry…
- A large panel of technical means: 4 technological teaching and research platforms:
- Formulation Chemistry
- Leather, Shoes, Leather Goods
- Plastic Materials
- Textile Materials
Companies that invest in research through ITECH (in order to develop projects within their firms) can benefit from a Research Tax Credit.*
*ITECH Entreprises is certified to Research Tax Credit.
Our contracts are done:
- In direct partnership with industrials in 70% of cases
- In collaboration with the University Claude Bernard Lyon 1 with which ITECH has a partnership agreement in teaching and research
- With CNRS laboratories
- Within the European framework (Craft and Brite) (privileged collaborations with foreign industrials)
- In collaboration with professors from partner foreign universities
- In the framework of poles of competiviness: Plastipolis (Plastic Manufacturing), Techtera (Technical and Functional Textiles) Axelera (Environmental Chemistry), Sporaltec
Patent depositions and activity development are the product of these collaborations.
Examples of Projects
VALTEX: VALorization of TEXtiles and labelized isolating recyclable mousses
Duration: 42 months / Budget: €250K
Partners: Renault SAS, Federal-Mogul, INDRA, Mulliez Flory, Valenda, Laroche, Ecocert Environnement, ITECH
PURE: Automobile Paints Respectful of the Environment
Duration: 42 months / Budget: €2.5 million
Partners: Plastic Omnium, SAMES, UTT, Renault Trucks, PSA Peugeot Citroën, INSA Lyon, Bollig et Kemper, ITECH
POPART: Powder Paints Applied to aeronautics and automotive
Duration: 36 months / Budget : €4.39 million
Partners: EADS, Eurocopter, Hexcel, Renault Trucks, ITECH, INSA Lyon, LIFCO, MAPIEM, EPI, FLUOROTECHNIQUE, PMA, EXPIRIS
TOPOINJECTION: Nano texturization of imprint tooling for polymer injection
Duration: 3 years / Budget : €2.6 million
Partners: Ecole Centrale (Laboratory of Tribology and System Dynamics), LaHC, CEMEF, HEF, Becton Dickinson, Heyr