Gap year

Julie Pontvianne

Between the 2nd and 3rd years of the master of engineering, you can request a gap year. This year can give you the opportunity to differentiate your profile.

If you want to give your course an even more international dimension, you can take part in an exchange programme at a number of partner universities in or outside Europe that are different from those during the mandatory semester abroad (S7). In this case, you can follow courses related to your speciality or discover other areas of study, depending on the partnership.

Please note: A gap year is subject to validation of both semesters of the 2nd year.

Partner universities


Outside of Europe

A question about your mobility project?

If you are planning to go abroad (internship, academic exchange or gap year) or if you are an international student wishing to come to study at ITECH Lyon, do not hesitate to contact the International Relations Office.