The objectives of the Formulation and Color Technical program are to train specialists in the field of colored cosmetics for the industries of cosmetic formulation (care, make-up, cleansing products, raw materials suppliers and/or manufacturers of cosmetic products) and also, in the applications of color and of colorimetry for all kinds of industries (paints, inks, and adhesives).
The Formulation and Color Technical program is a French-taught program that lasts 10 to 12 months. Students follow a semester of courses and end the program with an internship in a company (4 to 6 months). The degree can be completed under one of the two following ways:
- Student status
- Apprenticeship status
- Written and Oral Communication
- Languages (English)
- Experimental methodology
- Physical – Chemistry
- Health and Safety, Environment, Quality
- Industrial Microbiology
- Raw Materials
- Pigments, fats, emulsions
- Skin biochemistry
- Colorimetry and MTAO
- Quality control Colorimetry. Putting together data bases
- Formulation of white and colored cosmetic products
- Research project
Application and admission
Admission into the Formulator and Color Technical program is available through the study of your application file and an interview.
Students who have completed at least 2 to 3 years of university studies in chemistry (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) are eligible for an entry into the program.
A B2 level in French is required for this program. An official certificate is not required (the level is tested during the admissions interview), but is highly appreciated.
Depending on your nationality and your country of residence, you can apply via ITECH Lyon’s platform or via the Études en France platform. For further details on the admission process, please read Admission for international students.
Here is an overview of the process:
- Submission of the application file (either via ITECH Lyon’s platform or via the Études en France platform)
- CV (in French)
- Cover letter (in French)
- University transcripts (in French)
- Diplomas/school attendance certificate (in French)
- Optional documents: recommendation letters, language certificates, other courses certificates
- Study of your application file by the admissions team
- If the admissions team finds your file admissibile, you will be contacted to schedule an admissions interview
- Admissions interview (online and in French)
- Study of your application file and admissions interview results by the admissions committee
If you are a non-European student currently living outside of France, we strongly recommend that you submit your application between January and the end of April.
Tuition fees are €5,500 for students enrolling in 2024. They can be paid in several installments throughout the year.
The openings are of either of a technical nature (research & development laboratory – measurements & controls laboratory – production), a technical salesperson one or in customer assistance.