Steps and calendar
Non-European Union students
Find out early on in the admission process (before end of January for more headway) about steps to take with your Centre for Studies in France (CEF) or your country: www.campusfrance.org
This step is mandatory in order to apply for a visa. Certain CEFs have a deadline for registration, often at the end of the civil year.
Calendar of Admissions for Foreign studentsCALENDRIER D’ADMISSION POUR LES ÉTUDIANTS ÉTRANGERS
- Deposition of the registration file and CEF registration number: 30th of April
- Admissibility Jury: 14th of April (Prior admission application: DAP)
- Confirmation of admissibility by mail and by CEF: 31st of May
- Official validation by the admission jury: mid-July
- Beginning of term: mid-September
For all foreign students
In collaboration with the other IPL schools, ITECH can offer classes for French as a foreign language: 1 intensive session of 3 to 5 days at the beginning of the semester and 2 hour per week during the semester. These lessons are mandatory depending on the level.
- For prépa Bellevue – ITECH: equivalent to the scientific baccalaureate
- For the engineering training: we require at least a Bachelors in Chemistry (Engineering Science or Technology). Depending the training and skills acquired, if you have done:
- 3 years of studies (ex: Bachelors …): enrollment in 1st Year of the engineering cycle
- 4 years of studies (ex: Bachelors + 1 year of Masters…): enrollment in 2nd Year of the engineering cycle
The admission jury studies each file individually.
- For Technical Manger course: equivalent to 2 years of scientific university studies.
- For the Specialized Mastère in Innovation: Must possess a Masters in Science (5 years of university studies) or 4 years of studies with a professional experience of at least 3 years.
*Language skills required for admission in Engineering :
French: minimum required level for French as a Foreign language exams are: TCF (level 3), TEF (361 to 540 – intermediate ), DELF (B1), level B1 within the Common European Frame of References for languages CEFR).
English: minimal level required in English: B1 within the Common European Frame of References for languages (CEFR).
ITECH does not have university rooms but you can rent rooms in numerous university residences in Lyon through www.crous-lyon.fr.
You should count between 330 € and 450 €/month for a university room and around 400€ for a studio. You can benefit from lodging allocations from the State (ALS or APL) (See “aide au logement” on the site of CAF of Lyon in French).
Between 300 and 400 € per month (public transport, food…). You must also subscribe to the student social security network for an insurance: minimum amount is 213€/year.
Complementary insurance: between 7 and 35€/month.
Lodging insurance and mandatory civil liability: 30€/year.
This approximates to a budget of around 800€/month, with a first month at around 1000€ (rent deposit…).
Visit campus France for typical living fees.