Important: Applications via our application platform are now open! If you need further information about or academic offer or would like to talk with someone about your study project, please fill out our information request form.
At ITECH we are making the most of our know-how by giving an international side to our master’s of engineering. This is one of the recruitment needs demanded by several European engineering industries. At the end of the engineering degree, ITECH engineers have a wide international experience not only because of their academic or professional experience abroad, but also because of the international environment at ITECH. In fact, we are committed to recruiting international students and helping them throughout their entire process and stay at ITECH.
How to apply to ITECH
- As a French or international student already in France
- As an international student outside of France
AS A FRENCH OR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ALREADY IN FRANCE
For international students who are already in France, the application process is through our online platform.
AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT OUTSIDE OF FRANCE (Engineering Master Degree)
If you wish to study at ITECH, you will need to apply through our application platform. If you want us to guide you thorugh or need further information about the program, do not hesitate to fill out our information request form.
If you wish to apply for our Engineering Master Degree, you will have to follow a different process depending on your entry level. We have drawn a diagram to help you better understand the admission process:
STEPS TO APPLY
- Create an account on our application platform.
- Gather the following documents (you will be asked to upload them):
- A cover letter detailing your motivation to enroll in the program
- Proof of completed undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
For universities studies currently being undertaken: certificate of achievement of the degree to be given before the 10th of July.
- All university transcripts obtained up until now
- High school diploma and transcript
- Recommendation letter from a Head of Department/Institute/Studies
- Passport or national identity card
- After uploading your documents, you will need to validate your application and proceed to pay the application fees.
- Await an invitation for an interview with the international admissions team by video conference. This will be an interview regarding your motivation and during which we can answer any questions you may have about the Engineering degree or about ITECH in general.
- For the preparatory classes PCSI – ITECH (taught in French): equivalent to the scientific baccalaureate.
- For the Engineering Master Degree (taught in English* or French): we require at least a Bachelor’s in Chemistry (Engineering Science or Technology).
Depending on the training and skills acquired, if you have done:
- 3 years of studies (ex: Bachelors): enrollment in 1st year of the engineering cycle
- 4 years of studies (ex: Bachelors + 1 year of Masters): enrollment in 2nd year of the engineering cycle
- For Technical Manager course (taught in French): equivalent to 2 years of scientific university studies.
- For the Specialized Mastères (taught in French): must possess a Masters in Science (5 years of university studies) or 4 years of studies with a professional experience of at least 3 years.
The admission jury studies each file individually.
*The English level required is B2 (CEFR) and no specific level of French is required into the English-taught program.
- Interview and application form: end of March
- Admissions jury: beginning of April
- Interview and application form (for late applicants): mid-May
- Admissions jury (for late applicants): mid-June
- Beginning of term: beginning of September
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ENROLLEMENT IN SEPTEMBER 2022
You can apply at any point, and we will attempt to give you a response within 6 weeks.
Students from outside the European Union should apply by March or April at the latest in order to have time to complete the visa steps. In order for us to be sure to be able to reserve you a room in a student residence, you should confirm your enrollment by May.
WHEN DOES THE FIRST PAYMENT OF TUITION FEES NEED TO BE MADE?
Upon admission, we ask for 5-10% of the first year’s tuition fees. This amount will be reimbursed if the visa is not delivered.
CAN I PAY THE TUITION FEES ON SEVERAL PAYMENTS?
Yes, of course! At ITECH we give you the possibility of choosing a payment plan that best suits you. Hence, tuition fees can be paid on a yearly, quarterly or monthly basis.
CAN ITECH HELP ME FIND A PLACE TO LIVE?
If you confirm your enrollment at ITECH before the month of May, we can reserve you a room in a student residence. In Lyon there are several residences from the CROUS network that we can place you in. These residences are off-campus (around 30 to 45 minutes with public transportation).
For further information, we invite you to read our page on housing in Lyon or if you wish, check out the services proposed to students and let us help you.
HOW CAN I OBTAIN A FRENCH STUDENT VISA?
If you are a non-European student, you may need to obtain a French student visa in order to study in France and at ITECH. We invite you to find out about the procedure and steps to follow on Campus France, at the French embassy in your country or you can read the page we wrote about student visas.