As part of academic exchanges, students from partner universities can spend a semester or a year of their studies at ITECH Lyon in the Master of Engineering in Applied Chemistry. During this semester or year of exchange, international exchange students will remain enrolled at their home university and will not pay any tuition fees to ITECH Lyon. They will follow the courses validated by their home university at ITECH Lyon and will obtain ECTS credits which will then be recognized and validated by their home university.
Partner institution can apply for:
- Master of Engineering in Applied Chemistry (in French diplôme d’ingénieur) is a 3-year master’s-level program available in English or French. Students first follow general chemistry courses (S5, S6 and S7) and then specialty courses (S8 and S9) from one of the four specializations: formulation chemistry, plastic materials, textile materials, and leather manufacturing.
|Ref.||Year||Semester||Courses||Start dates||End dates|
|S5*||1st||Fall||Core curriculum||September 4th, 2023||January 27th, 2024|
|S6*||1st||Spring||Core curriculum||January 29th, 2024||June 2nd, 2024|
|S7||2nd||Fall||Core curriculum||Early September 2023||End Jan. / Beg. Feb. 2024|
|S8*||2nd||Spring||Specialization||February 5th, 2024||June 2nd, 2024|
|S9*||3rd||Fall||Specialization||September 4th, 2023||January 27th, 2024|
|S10||3rd||Spring||Internship||End Jan. / Beg. Feb. 2024||Beginning of June 2024|
*Exchange students may only apply for these semesters. Exact beginning and ending semester dates vary depending on the year.
Nomination and application
The application deadline is April 15th (fall semester) or October 1st (spring semester).
Partner university should nominate students by contacting Ms. Pontvianne, the Head of International Relations, and specifying the following information:
- If the nominated student will follow the engineering courses in English or French
- The exchange semesters that the nominated student wants to follow at ITECH Lyon (1 or 2 semesters):
- Semester 5 (Fall from September to January)
- Semester 6 (Spring from January to June)
- Semester 8 (Spring from February to June)
- Semester 9 (Fall from September to January)
- If the nominated student wants to study specialty courses of semesters 8 and/or 9, please choose one of our four specializations:
For each nominated student, we will need:
- Student’s email
- CV in English (for the English-taught program) or in French (for the French-taught program)
- Transcript of records (in English or French)
- Copy of the student’s passport
- Language proficiency test
- Proof of B2 English-level knowledge for the English-taught program: all official tests accepted, but if you do not have one a letter from one of your English teachers justifying the B2 level is accepted (it will be followed by an English interview)
- Proof of B2 French-level knowledge for the French-taught program: all official tests accepted, but a letter from one of your English teachers justifying the B2 level is accepted (it will be followed by a French interview)
For an exchange in the S5 and S6 programs, 2 years of undergraduate studies in chemistry are required.
For an exchange in S8 and S9* programs, 4 years of undergraduate studies in chemistry are required
*For an exchange in the S9 program, specific prerequisites are demanded depending the specialty chosen. Contact us to know them.
A B2 level in English for the English-taught program or a B2 level in French for the French-taught program.
Services for international students
The International Relations Office at ITECH Lyon has set up a wide range of services and activities for international students:
- Orientation days
- Last week of August
- Event organized by the IPL and regrouping international students of 4 engineering schools.
- Accommodation service
- ITECH Lyon has the possibility of booking a place in an university residence (Crous) for international students (only for academic exchanges starting in fall and subject to availability).