Professional Bachelor degree
Training of multi-skilled technical management staff in readiness for the development and production of technical and functional textiles (TFT), possessing an overall view of the textile industry, its manufacturing processes and the specific quality requirements of each of these textiles.
Potential candidates and pre-requisites
Selective recruitment based on academic record, with a minimum of a 2-year scientific or technical undergraduate qualification (2-year undergraduate degree, university diploma in technology, BTS (higher vocational training certificate)). Individual interview and validation by the host industrialist for sandwich courses.
19 weeks at the training centre; 27-week company placement.
Professional training contract
13-month sandwich course, from September to September: 19 weeks at the training centre (640hrs) and 37-week company placement (1295hrs, including 770hrs at the end of the course).
Students completing initial training, students with a professional training or apprenticeship contract, jobseekers, VAE (Validation of Learning Through Experience) - Continuing education (individual training leave, employees).
Course location and contacts
Technopôle Diderot 42300 ROANNE
How to enrol
- Raw materials and characterisation (94hrs): polymer chemistry, analytical chemistry, experimental design, colorimetry, physical chemistry of surfaces and colloids.
- Industrial organisation (126 hrs): Company organisation - Written and spoken communication in English - HSE-Sustainable development - Quality - Production management.
- Professional (300 hrs): Design, manufacturing processes, TFT controls - geo-economics of the TFT markets.
- Tutored project (120 hrs).
- Industrial placement.
Ability to participate:
- in the drawing up and/or analysis of specifications,
- in the development of TFTs, taking into account a number of technical, economic and environmental requirements:
- selecting raw materials,
- identifying the necessary manufacturing equipment and methods,
- in the development and industrialisation of processes,
- in the organisation of TFT production,
- in the coordination of a production team,
- in controlling the quality of raw materials, works in progress and finished products and applying any necessary appropriate measures,
- in the implementation of total quality control, compliance with health, safety and environmental rules,
- in liaising with company customers, suppliers and sub-contractors on technical issues. This applies regardless of the stage at which the company is involved or the sector in which it works, as the entire industry is examined.
TFT graduates not only have the opportunity to join TFT production or distribution companies but also their corporate customers, as well as traditional textile companies looking to get involved in TFTs, or even companies from other industrial sectors that use technical textiles.
Examples of companies: medical textile companies, aircraft manufacturers, civil engineering firms, automobile manufacturers and equipment manufacturers, manufacturers of sports or personal protection equipment, etc...