Laboratory and research topics
ITECH has always offered companies assistance with their R&D projects through one-off or recurrent partnerships.
So as to respond to current developments in society (sustainable development, inclusion of sensory properties…) ITECH is expanding and reorganising its research activities in order to optimise the management of its resources, increasing the potential for cross-disciplinary application of its subjects.
All our resources have therefore been pooled at the Polymer Functionalisation Engineering Laboratory.
Two areas for research have been identified:
- Polymers with controlled sensory or microbial properties
- Polymers with improved life cycles.
This restructuring places our “research” activities at the heart of current technical developments and simplifies the transfer of technologies from sector to sector. For public and private financial backers, the potential for cross-disciplinary application of the projects ensures that their investments offer value for money.
ITECH-Lyon and its commercial subsidiary ITECH-Entreprises offer companies:
- Wide-ranging expertise, covering: polymers, composites, process engineering, formulation of paints, inks, varnishes, adhesives, cosmetics, textiles, plastics engineering, leather, rheology, industrial microbiology, colorimetry, etc….
- Extensive human resources: 16 research professors including 9 doctors - 9 teaching and research assistants
- A wide range of technical resources: 4 technological teaching and research centres:
- Formulation chemistry
- Leather, Footwear, Leather goods
Companies that invest in research through ITECH (in order to develop their own projects) can benefit from a Research Tax Credit.
*The Research Tax Credit consists of a tax reduction equal to half the research and development expenditure incurred over a single year, minus the average amount of similar expenditure over the previous two years.
- 70% in direct partnerships with industrialists,
- in collaboration with the Université Claude Bernard Lyon I, with which ITECH has signed a teaching and research partnership agreement,
- with the laboratories of the CNRS (National Centre for Scientific Research),
- with European partners (Craft and Brite) (privileged partnerships with foreign industrialists),
- in collaboration with professors from foreign partner universities.
- in connection to competitive clusters: Plastipolis (plastics engineering), Techtera (technical and functional textiles), Axelera (chemistry & the environment), Sporaltec
These contracts result in the filing of patents and the creation of businesses.