The engineering students at ITECH have multiple possibilities to go abroad during their studies:
- International experience (internship, summer job, au pairing, humanitarian mission) at the end of 1st Year (6 to 13 weeks)
- Mandatory semester abroad in one of our partner universities for the first semester of 2nd Year (4 to 6 months)
- Technical internship at the end of 2nd Year (2 to 3 months)
- End of studies internship at the end of 3rd Year (5 to 6 months)
- Optional exchange semester in a partner university
- Gap year (university or company) between 2nd and 3rd year (6 months or the whole year spent abroad)
Students who do their internships abroad do so mainly in a company:
- 30% of each class of students go abroad for more than 6 months:
- For an industrial immersion/gap year (between 6 and 12 months)
- For of an end of studies internship (5 to 6 months)
- 25% go for 2 to 3 months:
- International internship at the end of 1st year
- Or a technical internship at the end of 2nd year
For European destinations, students benefit from the European grant Erasmus+.
For other world destinations, students can benefit from the a grant from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, the BRMIE.
I lived for 2 and a half years in Lausanne, Switzerland. I worked at Sicpa, leader in the security inks market. This position represented for me a gateway into the working world. Don’t be afraid to become an expat to find your first job. In a company, be creative and concise. It will be the key to your success. Choose a small to medium company if you like taking initiatives and being autonomous. Build your professional network and keep a maximum of contacts.
ITECH 2009 (Formulation Chemistry)
Current company: Hologram industries