Steps to Take
For foreign applicants (EEA and other): you must apply on the ITECH site between mid-January and May. Following your registration, you’ll receive a list of documents to send in order to complete your file.
You’ll then be summoned to an interview at ITECH.
For those who’ll need a visa, it is highly advised to apply before the beginning of March in order for ITECH to present your file to the April jury and thus allow you to start making all necessary steps for the visa procedure as soon as possible.
For applicants outside the EEA: please contact the closest Campus France/Institut Français of your country or start the online French student visa registration if you come from a country with a Etudes en France procedure: see link.
For French students: If you come from CPGE, you do not need to do a pre-registration. You must register to ITECH through the E3A competition for PCs and MP, and Banque PT competition for PTs.
- CPGE PT, TPC et PC : you do not need to apply through the ITECH site. You mst apply to ITECH-Lyon through:
- the CCINP competition for PC and TPC
- the Banque PT competition for PT
- CPGE PC from Bellevue and ST Denis : you must apply through our site and indicate that you are from the Bellevue or St Denis prepa.
- CPI FGL : you do not need to apply through the ITECH site. You must rank ITECH amongst yor choices for the FGL jury.
- CPGE ATS Chimie : you must apply through the ITECH site between mid-January and mid-March.
- Other trainings (DUT, BTS, L2, L3, M1, …) : o you must apply through the ITECH site between mid-January and end of May. 2 admission juries will take place: in April (application before beginning of March) and in July.
Attention : If you’re going abroad for an internship during the interview day, please contact Mme Mondoloni at 04 72 18 04 80 in order to organise an appointment before you leave.
ITECH passerelle preparatory class
To apply to the preparatory class, you can follow the procedure set up by the Ministry of Education on: Parcours sup.
Important dates and tuition fees
ITECH Engineering course (Masters) : application for the engineering degree
Cosmetic and Coloured Products Technical Manager : application (undergraduate degree)
- Deadline for application: end of May 2020
- Motivational interview:the 21st of March 2020 or beginning of June 2020
- Admission jury: 14th of April 2020 and June 2020
- Application fees : 55 €
- Tuition fees : 5000 €
- Deadline for application: beginning of July 2020
- Admission jury : July 2020
- Application fees : 61 €
- Tuition fees : 8000€ regular training, 12 000€ vocational training.
Application and admission into ITECH for foreign applicants :
Non European Union citizens:
Please contact the closest Campus France/Institut Français of your country or start the online French student visa registration if you come from a country with a Etudes en France procedure: see link.
This step is necessary in order for visa application as some Campus France sites have application deadlines at the begin of the calendar year.
Admission calendar for foreign applicants:
- application file and Etudes en France inscription number: end of April at latest
- 2nd admission jury (2 possibilities) : beginning of April or beginning of July
- confirmation of admission by post and by EEF: after ITECH admission jury
- start of term: beginning of September
For all foreign applicants:
French as a Foreign language courses (FLE) : in collaboration with other IPL schools, l’ITECH can offer you FLE courses: intensive sessions, 3 to 5 days a week at the beginning of the semester and 2h/week during the semester .Mandatory presence depending on entry level.
- For ITECH passerelle preparatory class: scientific baccalaureate equivalent
- For the Engineering course* : applicants possessing a Bachelor’s (of Sc, engineering or technology). Depending on the training and the skills acquired, if you’ve 3 years of studies: entry into 1st year (3 years of studies in order to obtain the engineering degree) / 4 years of studies: entry into 2nd year (2 years to obtain the engineering degree).
- For Undergraduate course: equivalent of 2 years of University studies.
- For Specialised Mastère: applicants must have a MSc (5 years of university studies) or 4 years of Undergraduate studies and a professional experience of at least 3 years.
* Language skills required for entry into engineering course:
FRENCH: Minimum level required in French as a foreign language exams: TCF (level 3) TEF (361 to 540- intermediate), DELF (B1), level B1 within the Common European Frame of Reference for Languages ( www.inalco.fr/IMG/doc/memo.doc)
English: Minimum level required B1 within the Common European Frame of Reference for Languages
ITECH does not have it’s own student accommodation rooms but you can rent one through one of the many university rooms in Lyon (http://www.crous-lyon.fr).
The international relations department can help you with your search (email@example.com).
You should estimate between 230 € and 350 €/month for a university room and around 400€ for a 1 room apartment. You can benefit from student accommodation allowances from the French state (ASL or APL) (see http://www.caf.fr/wps/portal/votrecaf/691 tab « étudiant », section « aide au logement »).
Between 350 and 500 € per month (public transport, food…).
Health insurance: between 7 and 35 €/month
Housing and mandatory civil liability insurance : 30 €/year
This approximately corresponds to a minimum budget of around 500€/month with a 1st month at around 1000€.
nature Approximatives expenses 1st month monthly rent 300 € 350 € deposit 250 to 500 € Health insurance 200 € House insurance 30 € Tuition fees 350 to 400 € 350 €-400€
University food tickets : 3,25€ per meal
Cinema ticket: 6 to 12,5€
See the Campus France site for more information on living expenses in France.
Campus France : www.campusfrance.org
Alliance Française : www.alliancefr.org
Ministry of Foreign Affairs: www.diplomatie.gouv.fr
Egide (Center for the welcoming of international exchange students): www.egide.asso.fr
City of Lyon : www.lyon.fr
AGERA : Alliance des Grandes Ecoles Rhône Alpes : www.agera.asso.fr
County prefecture: www.rhone.pref.gouv.fr
Lyon Public Transport (TCL) :www.tcl.fr
University of Lyon : www.universite-lyon.fr
For additional information:
Contact Nathalie Pinton
Head of International Relations